This is a half-day course designed to provide the course participants with the appropriate knowledge of the hazards and dangers of working with Abrasive Wheels. It also provides the participants with the expertise required to mount an abrasive wheel.
On completion of the course participants will be able to:
List the legal requirements of working with Abrasive Wheels
Select the appropriate wheel or cutting disc for the job.
Correctly mount and use an Abrasive Wheel
Understand the function of Abrasive Wheel Equipment, fixed or portable.
Duration 1/2 Day (Approx 4 Hours)
Maximum number of participants: 8
Course Content - Theoretical Training
- Abrasive Wheel Regulations
- Identify the hazards of working with Abrasive Wheels
- Evaluate the causes of abrasive wheel accidents
- Define the method of selecting the correct wheel for the job
- Inspection and testing of the abrasive wheel.
- Guarding of the grinding and cutting operations
- Dressing and truing the wheel.
- Functions of the components, flanges, blotters etc.
- Differences between grinding and cutting operations